CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last RE appointment and 1st High Risk OB appointment

The past few days have been crazy to put it mildly. My mind has totally ran away with me thinking that these horrible pains that I am feeling on the side opposite of my uterus was an ectopic pregnancy. I was sick all day Sunday with these crazy pains and then Tuesday night I woke up three different times from them. It was scary. Don't get me wrong, I can handle pain... but the thought of something happening to my baby drove me insane. In the mental stress of it all... I never stopped to think that my tube doesn't connect on the right. I knew that... it's just funny how the devil lets you forget those details when you need to remember them.

Anyway... I was extremely nervous today as I went for my 10:30am appointment with my RE for my first ultrasound. My RE told me that we were looking for a black circle and then a flicker, which was the heartbeat. I held my breath and then there it was. It was so cute... well to me it was haha. I had a hard time seeing the heartbeat but my hubby saw it fine. The doctor said that it had taken a little longer for the baby to move along to implant so the age was moved back to 6 weeks and 1 day. She said the heartbeat was 100bpm. She also told us that everything looked perfect for the age of the baby. I also got my baby's first picture!



I really enjoyed seeing my doctor and the staff. It was the first time I had seen them since my insemination. She went through the little due date wheel and said I would be due in January. She said around the 13th, but we'll stick with the 10th (my brother's 19th birthday) to make Billy happy. She continued to go through every month on the wheel to tell me the things I'd feel and what I could expect. She told me that the baby would more than likely be here by Christmas and at the earliest Thanksgiving.

We laughed and talked about my preggo belly and how it would look a little lopsided at times and then I got teary eyed and hugged my very special RE bye... for now. I told her that I'd be back for baby number 2 unless God had different plans.

Michael and I left and headed to Makino's Japenese Buffet. It was so good. I love the soup more than anything. I was soo hungry because I have been trying to not eat late because of the stomach issues. After a very delicious lunch, we headed to my new doctor's office at UT.

Of course it was the normal paperwork and all when I got there. Then I got a little sleepy while waiting to be called. I finally got called to do a urine sample and to be checked in (boy that urine sample was an adventure because of all the stomach issues ha!). Then Michael came back with me for another ultrasound. This time the tech (I missed my RE doing the ultrasound!) said the baby was only 5 weeks and 6 days (2 days different than my RE) and the heartbeat was 116. She said that they like to see a heartbeat of 120 but that since the baby was a young as it was that was normal. She printed me a second picture. It was a little more clear.



One of the doctor's came in and we talked. The nurse practitioner then came in and they conferred with each other. I asked some questions about vacation, stomach issues, that major pain in my side (they think it could be my right ovary still sending hormones, still swollen, maybe stretched, etc. ... my RE thought this could be it, too), eczema medication, etc. Then I had to do another urine sample and scheduled an appointment for 3 weeks later before heading home.

I cannot tell you the relief I felt when seeing that heartbeat. Am I out of the woods? Nope. But my RE did say (and I've read this) that after seeing the heartbeat, your miscarriage rate drops to about 5%. Not to say it can't happen but that its a better chance that it won't. I just Pray that it doesn't.

God is so good to me. He has heard my cries for 2 years and He has sent me this child. He has heard my cries for the past month and has blessed this ultrasound appointment. I praise Him for that! I Praise Him for this whole journey because it was all for a reason. This journey has made me who I am... I am the same yet there's a part of me that will never be the same. I Pray that I can continue to be used with through this situation.

There is plenty more I want to say and I will in the next little bit. Things are just really crazy right now because it's the end of the school year, my bro's graduation is coming up, vacation, dr. appointments, etc. I will be back!

Just keep Praying for me and the health of my baby. Pray for this crazy pain in my right, empty side. And Pray for my family. Also, please know that I am Praying for each of you as well!

Much love,




PS. Symptoms I am having: hmmm... exhausted, bathroom issues (*sigh* it's always one extreme or the other for me haha), heartburn (but that has calmed down a lot)

9 Remarks:

Staci

So happy for you! Believe me, I totally relate to the nerves. And for what it's worth, my second dd had a hb of 115 at 6 weeks on the nose and she is a fat and happy nearly 6 month old now. And with my first dd, she measured behind from the get go. My betas were terrible and she took a loooong time to show up on a sonogram at all. (We were convinced she was ectopic) She is now 3 1/2 and is the size of a kidergartener. I say your little one is already showing you who is boss. He/She is doing things his/her way!

Congrats!

beth ewing

i've been on pins and needles all week wanting to see this picture. glad all is well and you got to see the heartbeat. and honestly i'm glad it's just one. i would have worried to death with 2 and you. enjoy every second...even the stomach issues! it's been a long time coming. hopefully one of these days i can join you and we can lament about pregnancy woes.

djordan

Thanks for posting!I'm so relieved to know that everything looks great and will continue to pray for you and your little one : ) I hope the pain goes away quickly!
~ Dena

UnicornMommy

How exciting.

doesn't really matter when they set the due date to be. babies to UU mommies have their own agenda. LOL.

praying all goes well.

Alicia

What a relief to see those pic of your precious little baby, so cute!!!! Praise the Lord! Praying for you and that baby :)

Jenileigh

Wonderful news. Hugs sweety!

Anonymous

Hi Aleshi. Glad the things are going the right way.God is good.in a few years time you will have to have eye's in the back of your head with your child starting walk,and in to everything.and you shouting wait till your father get's home.it's worth it.love to all. God blessing and His peace and joy.

Anonymous

Hi pop over to http://thepeopleoftheway.blogspot.com/ for your award . Many blessings Pod.

Anonymous

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, wehave peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5 NIV For you and Family.God really bless you all this week. POD.