CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Tunnel




On Sunday, Michael and I were driving back from TN. I was coming back through the Cumberland Gap Tunnel and Mike was dosing off in the passengers seat. As I drove through, like I have a million times before, I looked back through my rear view mirror. I could see the light at the beginning of the tunnel disappearing as I approached the end. I was reminded that life's battles are like tunnels. We enter into a tunnel when we begin a battle and we are sometimes in tunnels that are so long, such as infertility, that we can't often see the light at the end. But this time, when I looked back, I could no longer see the light from the entrance but I could look forward and see the light at the end. I felt like God was speaking to me and saying, "Not much longer my child. Just hold on."

I feel like my infertility struggle is nearing an end. I don't know if it will be another couple of weeks, months, or years but I feel as though it will be over sooner rather than later. And I thank God for the blessing I know is on its way even now. I also thank God for the tunnels in my life because without them, I would possibly forget how blessed I am. Lastly, I thank God that I can look back and even though it is dark and the entrance light is dimmed, I can still remember where I started from.

0 Remarks: