CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catching you up... God's Words to Me

Last night as I read through Exodus, I came across two verses that I know God used to encourage me. As you know, I just finished my first round of Clomid and Glucophage. I am really, really hoping that this month will be the turning point for Michael and I to have a baby. I don't go on and on about it like I did when I first started trying to conceive, but I do think about it on a daily basis. God knows my thoughts and He hears each prayer that I pray. I am thankful to Him for this trial because, believe it or not, it has been truly a blessing to us. I appreciate conceiving a child so much more than I think I would have if the whole thing would have ended up on my time line (consisting of me having a baby this summer!) instead of His. Here's what God said:

"..... Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: ....."
---- Exodus 14:13

"The Lord shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace." --- Exodus 14:14


Wow! Those are powerful. Stand still Alesha and see the salvation of the Lord! So many times I've seen it but I have been far from still waiting on it. I pray that Jesus sees me standing still and waiting right now!

And ohhh.... that second verse. God will FIGHT for me. God will FIGHT for Michael. God will FIGHT for my family! How awesome. So many times I want to fight back in all kinds of situations, but God is telling me to step back, watch His salvation, and that He will fight for me as I hold my peace! Amazing! Thank you Lord for your precious mercy and grace upon my life and the lives of those that I hold dear to my heart!

ORIGINALLY POSTED MARCH 8, 2008

0 Remarks: