CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catching you up... Seasons of Life Poetry... The Essence of New Life

I found a poetry book that my friend Jennifer Helton-Richmond and I created in our Children's Literature class in college. These are poems that we had written from our youth through our early 20's. Some of mine really show the development of self esteem and self concept in action because I was developing mine while writing them. I can't imagine how I felt when I wrote some of them and then again with others, I can remember every single feeling. Anyway.... I will share some of these off and on over the next few weeks with you guys. Please keep in mind, if some of these poems are sort of gloomy, remember I was a young girl and had had a few broken hearts along with the dreariness of learning to be a teenager and then a young woman. The coolest part about finding these is the fact that I can read them now and see exactly how much I have grown as a writer and as a woman. I love our poetry book because it is entitled "Seasons of Life" and it contains poems from childhood up through adulthood. Jen and I even matched the font to the ages group of each poem and laid out the whole thing in the timeline of a life using seasons of the year. It was beautiful when it was finished and bound and we received an A, which the professor had warned, would be really hard to get if we opted for a project over our final exam. Anyway, here's the first one I will share and it's mainly because it was amazing to me when I read it. I was dreaming of creating and raising a child with my husband even before we were man and wife. I was already looking deep into the future and thinking about our children. Enjoy!


The Essence of New Life

The cries of a newborn child ring in my head.

How I want a love like that.

I want to reach into the depths of my soul,

And intertwine that with yours.

I want to hear this beautiful sound in a short increment of time.

The thrill of creating,

That is an honor in itself.

The essence of discovering.

What a wonderful moment.

Informing the world.

Yes world here we are together

The magical months that are too often taken for granted.

The bittersweet pains,

The climax,

The release.

And there you’ll be.

Fresh and new in my arms.

A product of an unbinding love.

A small, yet bright, glow to light up a future life.

And I’ll look into your big eyes,

Such innocence,

And Pray for the future

That God has sculpted out for you.

Pray that he blesses you as much as he has blessed me.

Pray that you, this small being,

Can make a positive impact on a darkened and dull world.

My child, I Pray that someday you’ll know the love I feel right now.

ORIGINALLY POSTED FEB. 20, 2008

0 Remarks: